IWMUN 2016 will welcome 150 participants in 7 committees, working under the theme Spotlight on International Law.
Knowledge of international law or economics might be useful but you may as well be a great speaker, a true diplomat, or simply interested in current global affairs. With 7 committees to choose from you will surely find the right one!
Join our IWMUN community and get the ultimate MUN experience you can share, great memories you can remember, and the friendships you were waiting to meet!
The committees featured are: Security Council, ICJ, WIPO, WTO, WHO, UNHRC, and European Council.
IWMUN takes place in Wroclaw, capital city of the Lower Silesia region in Poland. Wroclaw is a vivid university city of 630 thousand people, easily and cheaply accessible from anywhere in Europe by bus, train (Wroclaw Główny) and plane (Wroclaw Copernicus Airport).
IWMUN 2016 will take place at the Faculty of Law, University of Wroclaw, located 3 min walk from the city's market square.
MEET THE SECRETARY GENERAL
Izabela Bany studies Politics and Eastern European Studies at the University College London. She has joined the MUN world 5 years ago and has since participated in over 30 conferences all around the world. She has represented dozens of countries, mainly debating the UNHRC, and she has chaired at the most important conferences in Europe, such as London International MUN and Oxford MUN.
In 2014 she served as Polish Youth Delegate to the UN General Assembly, where she got to fullfill her dreams of meeting Ban Ki Moon and Samantha Power. She has also worked for the United Nations Global Compact researching the corporate responsibility practices concerning environmental protection.
In her free time she travels with the personal goal of viting every place from Atlas Obscura (or at least taking a cute Instagram picture).
MEET THE CHAIRS
WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION
Topic A: The Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP): Legal and Economic Implications
Topic B: International Trade vs. the Environment
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
Topic A: Treatment of Mental Health Conditions in Post-Conflict and Conflict Areas.
Topic B: Beyond the Paris Protocol: Climate Change Threats to Public Health
INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE
LaGrand (Germany vs. USA)
Topic A: Influence of Brexit on the United Kingdom and the European Union
Topic B: Tackling different forms of corruption within the EU
Topic A: Terrorist Activity in Southeast Asia and Oceania
Topic B: Cyberwarfare in Developed Countries
WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ORGANIZATION
Topic A: Protection of the Indigenous Peoples Traditional Knowledge (TK) in Africa
Topic B: Copyrights in the Digital Age
HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
Topic A: Homosexuality, Identity and Asylum: Global Approaches to Gay Refugees
Topic B: Transnational Corporations and Other Business Enterprises with Respect to Human Rights
- The conference will start on Friday, April 8, around noon and finish around 6pm on Sunday, April 10.
- The venue of the conference is located 3min from the Market Square (Rynek).
- The participation fee is 120 PLN or 30€ or 23£. The fee includes all costs of participation, materials, three lunches and coffee breaks. It does not include acommodation.
- There will be two social events: a formal and an informal party. Social packs will be available at the following prices: both parties 50PLN (or 12€ or 9£) or just the informal party 10PLN (or 2.50€ or 2£).
- Aside from the core programme, there will be obligatory Rules of Procedure workshops in each committee before the start of the sessions. There will also be a guided city tour (1 hour) around the city centre, free of charge, during the first day of the conference.